By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
It's no wonder that the summer time is the most popular season for moving, because not many people wish to brave cold winter weather or (for many with school-age kids) cope with the anxiety of relocating their family members during a school year.
Naturally, this means that there'll be difficulties that you will have to get over to make your move successful. Nevertheless, with a little forethought, planning, and also a little bit of aid from a professional moving company in Colorado Springs, things are bound to work out at the conclusion. Here are a few do's and don'ts for moving to Colorado Springs over the summer:
· Choose and book your moving company in Colorado Springs as far ahead of time as possible. Since summer is peak moving season, do not wait until the last minute to make preparations with your professional movers, as you may find that your chosen provider is already booked up.
· Stay hydrated. Some people are unknowingly being affected by chronic dehydration, and the summer high temperature merely makes issues worse. To avoid exhaustion, muscle cramps, headache, as well as a multitude of additional symptoms, make certain that you take in ample fluids. And if it is possible to spare a couple of water bottles for your professional movers, they will be gracious for the hydration as well, trust us.
· Guard your skin from dangerous UV rays. Wear ample sunscreen and/or a wide-brimmed hat to shield your body from the sunburn and other issues that come from too much exposure to UV rays.
· Commence the move early in the day. If you can, pack and load the heavier pieces ahead of when the sun comes out in full force, it'll make you and your moving company crew much more content through the remaining portion of the loading process.
· Make certain spoilable products are kept in a cool spot. Whether it's food items or perhaps goods that might suffer damage from lengthy exposure to heat, make certain you have a plan when it comes to keeping spoilable products chilled.
· Anticipate to shell out more. The fact is that, summertime's popularity for moving generally indicates that you're going to end up having to pay a bit more for the very same services than you'd during other times of the year.
Do not ...
· Hold off the transfer of your utilities. The last thing you need will be to arrive at your new residence only to discover that it's 90 degrees outdoors and there isn't any air conditioning.
· Forget to take extra precautions with the kids and/or house animals. As mentioned before, be sure that your children are putting on ample sun block, and are attired suitably for warmer temperatures. Be familiar with the hazards connected with heat exhaustion and heat stroke, and keep your kids and house animals well hydrated over the moving process.
· Underrate the length of time the moving process can take. Far in advance of moving day, you should begin the relocation process by packing up specific things that you'll not need for a while. You need to explore various moving companies in Colorado Springs, interview the movers that you favor, and then, if you decide to employ them, do so a few weeks in advance.
The fact remains, summer time moving has its unique quirks and complications. Even so, with appropriate arranging and the help of professional movers in Colorado Springs, like the helpful professionals at the A-1 Freeman Moving Group, it is possible to enjoy a comparatively easy and seamless move as you commence a new part in your life. If you'd like to find out more about how we can help, get in touch with us today.
Request a free quote