What to Expect with Your International Residential Move
International moves have a tendency to be grueling. Rest assured we know how to tackle the difficulties, having gotten people to all sorts of countries from the time of our founding. No matter if you’re heading out from Colorado Springs to London or Paris or Stuttgart or Rome or Bombay or Bangkok or Beijing or Brisbane – or from anywhere in the United States to anywhere else – we’ll make sure your household gets where it’s got to go. We assume complete responsibility for your international move during …
The Moving Process
Take a look at the steps you can rely on us taking:
FREE Ballpark Pricing
With an international move, especially, you’ll likely want a pretty quick assessment of what you’ll be billed for such a move. Get on the phone with us. Talk with us. Let us know where you’re going, when you would prefer to or must go, and what type of a move you’d like us to execute for you. Calling on our considerable experience with global moving, we’ll deliver a free ballpark estimate. This could actually end up being the final price – but it may not be, either. Further discussion with you will help resolve that. But at least you’ll have a reasonable idea of what to expect, price-wise, prior to signing on with us.
The Home Survey
To reach a final, accurate estimate of your move’s cost, we’re obligated to do a survey of the possessions you’ll be moving. We let you to chose between two options for taking care of this:
- A A-1 Freeman Moving Group estimator visits your home to consult with you on the many details of your move, perform a walk-through of your home, and take that survey of your belongings.
- With your mobile phone, you make contact with our estimator and do your own home walk-through, recording a video inventory of what you need freighted.
The Written Estimate
Having initially spoken with you and reviewed your Home Survey results, we’re ready provide you with a more accurate, written estimate of your international moving costs. It takes into account everything associated with your move, including which moving services of ours you’ve indicated you want.
The Customer Agreement
This is your move contract, which affirms locations, move dates and times, the moving services you’ve selected, safety and insurance provisions, what you’ll pay, and other considerations. Signing it signifies that you agree to our terms and pricing and lets us set up your move.
The Move Plan
To reassure you of an international move that’s smooth, safe, and problem-free, we provide you with a Move Concierge – your very own, exclusive representative and counselor. He or she will assist you in planning your move from beginning to end. During your initial talk, your Move Concierge will …
- confirm your move dates,
- establish the addresses involved here in the states and in the country to which you’re relocating,
- affirm which of our services you want,
- provide preparatory instruction in what your move will likely entail, and
- address your questions.
From this point forward, your Move Concierge is your A-1 Freeman Moving Group “one point of contact.” You can rely on him or her being well attuned to the difficulties of international and counseling you fittingly – particularly on customs laws from one country to another. Besides providing you with vital information on your particular destination country, he or she also can provide you assistance with ...
- automobile titles, and
- all other needed international paperwork.
Then, as the move gets underway, your Move Concierge will keep you fully up to date on what’s going on.
The Pre-Move Confirmation
As your move date comes up, we’ll email or call you to confirm that you’re still “good to go” with it, according to plan. We’ll confirm dates, times, locations, and everything else relative to your relocation to another country.
Our packing options are offered to more properly suit your needs and budget.
- Elect to handle all the packing by yourself; if you like, we’ll send you the packing materials.
- Choose to have our movers assist in the packing. Or
- Choose to begin packing yourself and authorize us to help you by packing specialty items.
Regardless of how you choose to have your packing discharged, our past clients will attest that we’re well up to speed on foreign customs laws and will see to it that your shipments conform. That includes seeing to it that packed items are loaded into the proper overseas shipping containers, as necessary.
When the truck and crew pull up at your stateside home, they’ll introduce themselves and perform a walk-through, acclimating themselves to your house and the things you’re transporting.
Next, they’ll perform certain actions to safeguard your home during the move-out. They’ll pad stair rails, sharp corners, doors and jambs. And they’ll lay carpet covers to keep floors free of dirt and damage .
In loading your belongings onto the truck, our crew will ensure that moving boxes are marked and classified by room to assist in their proper placement in your new home.
Beds, entertainment centers, swing sets and whatever else must be disassembled will be meticulously torn down by our crew at this time.
Finally, our crew does quality checks and maintains communication with your Move Concierge all through the loading process.
Once we get your possessions safely to your new home in your destination country, our crews unload it with great dexterity and caution. Included in our destination-country delivery services are …
- employing protection pads and carpet covers to ensure that your new home remains in the same condition it was in pre-move while the move-in is underway,
- systematic unloading – setting your possessions into the rooms you want them in, at your direction,
- rebuilding the equipment and furnishings taken apart for the move,
- unpacking – all you have to do is tell us; we’ll handle it, and
- debris removal – where, if you request, we’ll remove all the empty moving boxes and materials after the unpacking.
The Post-Move Follow-up
At the conclusion of your international move, your Move Concierge will contact you to ...
- analyze it with you,
- examine how skillfully we provided the services you selected
- look into any unresolved concerns, and
- THANK YOU for selecting A-1 Freeman Moving Group to be your mover!
Read what others have said about us
Request a free quote