By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
Moving to Colorado Springs
doesn't really need to be stressful and bring you to the border of a nervous breakdown. It's not to say it's a period of Zen in your life, however with a little preparation and more backup planning, your move will be positive, and you should stay sane.
Below are some more moving catastrophes which may take all the enjoyment out of your move, and approaches to steer clear of them.
Work With A Reputable Moving Company ASAP
The instant you know your new address, commence meeting with moving companies. This is not the time to cheap out by using 1 or 2 guys and a run down truck--splurge on a professional mover in Colorado Springs. They'll provide the following, and you may cross these tasks from your list.
· Well-maintained equipment--moving trucks that go through routine service (check-ups, tire rotation, brake inspections) and are completely road-worthy
· Professional teams that understand how to wrap, load, set pieces of furniture within a moving van, and reverse the procedure at your new house.
· An insured staff and equipment--in the event that a mover gets hurt, the moving company in Colorado Springs takes care of their medical costs
· Professional packing should you be just overloaded. If you need a handful of specialty items packed or crated, they will manage that for you, so you're able to be assured your valuable items will arrive in one piece.
· Ask for a checklist of the items they are unable to by law move--chemicals, houseplants, and paint are on the list, among other things. You won't want to discover at the last minute that your cherished bonsai plant has to stay behind.
· Expect a binding agreement and a written estimate.
· Be sure your mover holds a Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association (FMCSA) license.
Hire the Crew, As Well
All your chums say, sure, they will help you load the moving van. That is excellent--if you happen to be moving locally and they also can assist you unload, as well. Also, if you are willing to risk injury, scheduling conflicts, and other slight difficulties to your moving day.
Hiring professional movers in Colorado Springs ensures a crew who shows up punctually, knows what they are executing, will drive the moving truck, and you may depend on to transport your possessions safely and securely. They will also unload all your stuff and set it in the new house--and that is worth the cost.
Move the Things You Love and Actually Use
The "if-you-haven't-worn-it-in-six-months-get-rid-of-it" principle genuinely is applicable if you are moving. Take into consideration that each carton you pack and move has got some price attached to it, and that can add up quickly when you find yourself looking at hundreds of boxes. Eliminate unwanted linens, kitchen gizmos, toys and games, furniture--everything that you do not utilize, do not like, or don't need.
There's A Blizzard Coming--or a Hurricane
One thing even the most prepared among us can't regulate is the weather condition. Look at the forecast and have a Plan B in case you're stuck in horrible rain, snowfall, or gusts of wind. Coordinate with the moving company in Colorado Springs a couple of days before hand if it looks risky to pack up and drive and reschedule if you have to. Should you be moving a long distance, reserve hotels on the way. Your realtor should understand if you're unable to be out of the home on time; bad weather has an effect on everybody, so the new residents are not going to be able to get there either. Do not attempt to beat the weather system--they usually win. Moving companies will not risk their teams or equipment in dangerous weather; the good thing is that it usually goes by in a day or two.
Place the Animals in Daycare
Your pets know if you are stressed, add to that the vanishing belongings and they can really get upset. Board your domestic pets the day before the movers come and pick them up on your way out of town. Pack their beds, food, water, and toys for the trip and make them your final duty.
Now buckle up, calm down, and appreciate a disaster-free trip to your new house.
Request a free quote