By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
usually provide a range of associated services that are designed to help customers with a seamless move. A few offer local storage, a few can help you move certain items, and many offer a professional packing service to pack-up houses on behalf of moving clients. As a professional moving company in Colorado Springs
, A-1 Freeman Moving Group offers all of these services, and have assisted countless people enjoy a stress-free, complete move thanks to these extra services.
We field lots of questions regarding professional packing and precisely it involves. You might be contemplating "Do I really need help with packing?" and if so, how much do you require, and how can you arrange it? We are available to answer all your essential questions regarding a professional packing service for your next move to Colorado Springs.
Do You Need Help with Packing?
Packing your house requires a lot of work. Many people need at a minimum two months of evenings and weekends to get everything boxed, labeled, and all ready for the moving company in Colorado Springs. But, not everybody can do their own packing - or complete all their packing on time. In the event packing boxes isn’t something you can do, or if your schedule has a lack of room for packing, it's a good idea to book your packing service early.
People Who Often Times Require a Packing Service
If you think you could require a packing service, do not worry, you are not alone. Lots of different kinds of people (and moves) need professional packing in order to make sure everything is finished on time, and our teams are honored to provide that speedy service for your benefit. Following are several very typical examples of people who often require all or some professional packing:
- Those Who Need to Move Quickly
- Parents of Youngsters
- Professionals Who Aren’t Able to Take Time Off of Work
- Senior Citizens and Disabled Clients
- People Who Don't Know How to Pack Fragile Items
- Those Who Have Already Relocated
How Long Does Professional Packing Take?
Packing up a residence typically requires between 3 and 12 hours, dependent on the size of your home and how many things you own. As a general rule, you can estimate that it will require approximately two hours for each room in your house or doubled for extra-large and extra-cluttered rooms. Don't forget the attic, garage, and basement, as well.
The best way to obtain a good quote on packing your residence is an in-home walkthrough. A quick in-person or video tour of your residence should help the moving company in Colorado Springs to easily calculate how many hours and people it will take to pack your residence within one or two days.
Whole vs Select Packing Services
A whole packing service is when professional movers in Colorado Springs pack up your whole home including your kitchen, wardrobe, toiletries, office – all things. However, you can also inquire about a partial packing service. Many people ask the moving company in Colorado Springs just to take care of bulky furniture disassembly and wrapping to ensure it's done right. Some customers ask their movers only to pack dishes and breakable things, because movers know how it is done and have all the right materials.
Partial packing services make it possible to find the best, most efficient method to get your home packed and moved by splitting the difference between your own time and effort and the speedy expertise of your moving company in Colorado Springs.
What to Expect During Your Professional Packing
If you hire a professional packing service, what might you expect? Professional packing generally takes between one and two days of work, most of the time scheduled back-to-back if the packing runs into a second day. Packers should commence to meticulously box all your items based on their location.
- Packing a Single Room at a Time
- Professional packing typically tackles one room at a time, and every box is labeled with both the contents and the room of origin. Packers will pack shelf-by-shelf and section-by-section, packing boxes by item category (ex: clothes, books, electronics) so that rooms will be simple to put back together while you are unpacking.
- Providing Oversight and Consultation
- During the packing process, you need to remain present to give oversight and consultations. Packers may ask you regarding broken things, categories, or what labels to use. They may have certain questions about how you require them to pack certain items or areas.
- If you can’t be physically present, keep your phone handy to answer questions remotely, and you will want a proxy available in person.
- Expert Packing and Specific Labeling
- One of the greatest benefits of professional packing is that each and every carton should be a perfect fit. Years of knowledge and all the right materials mean that your team understands how to pack a carton so that it will stack safely in the moving van and unpack smoothly on arrival. They will also typically label your boxes so you can find specific belongings and rebuild rooms when you arrive.
- Placing Boxes in an Easy-to-Load Location
- The final step is stacking your boxes to prepare for the arrival of the moving van. You could ask the professional movers in Colorado Springs to leave cartons in the areas for which they were packed, or to place all the boxes in the garage for speedy, efficient truck loading when it’s moving day.
How Do You Make Sure You are Prepared for a Packing?
How do you get ready if professional packers are coming over? You can make the day smoother and the pack more organized with just a little preparation.
- Finish All Dishes and Laundry
- Make certain you have clean dishes and folded or hung up laundry if you are asking your professional movers in Colorado Springs to pack up the kitchen as well as bedrooms.
- Return Items to Their Desired Rooms
- When the residence is packed as well as unpacked, it's done by room. While you do not have to wholly tidy up, putting belongings in their rightful room is a great method to ensure they end up in the right carton.
- Eat or Donate Pantry Goods
- Clean out your pantry one way or the other. Task the family to come up with pantry-emptying meal ideas and donate all that is left. Excluding some spices and dry goods, there is no need to pack and move your food.
- Make a List of Specialty Items
- Finally, list any things you might be worried about to talk about with your packing team.
Plan Your Professional Packing with A-1 Freeman Moving Group
When you have a big move on the horizon, you may not have the time or ability to perform all the packing alone - and that will be perfectly alright. Full-service professional movers in Colorado Springs like A-1 Freeman Moving Group provides professional packing services. Contact us today to discuss the packing services your move may need.
Request a free quote