Moving Company Suggestions to Prevent Injuries While Moving
By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
- PHYSICALLY PREPARE: Nope, you won’t need to do push-ups or run laps around the block. This hint encourages you to employ professional movers in Colorado Springs. Hiring a moving company guarantees that you will have added help from professionals, who specialize in packing, lifting, and also time management. Professional movers in Colorado Springs can carefully pack your home, disassemble household furniture, and securely wrap your super delicate possessions. Having local professional movers in Colorado Springs on hand on your moving day is an excellent way to circumvent injuries. They should handle all the bulky items, leaving the smaller items and also simple clean-up to you.
- USE THE RIGHT EQUIPMENT: Using proper moving equipment is one of the best practices to avoid injuries while moving. When speaking with the moving company in Colorado Springs, make sure that they will be bringing equipment which will make the move simpler, such as an appliance dolly. Not only will this help the movers, but the equipment should also save you time, as items will be moved at a faster clip.
- DON'T OVERPACK BOXES: Filling every space of your cartons may seem like a good way to pack, however making them too heavy will make them harder to lift, and puts a strain on the legs, arms, as well as back. An injury is unavoidable when you pick up more weight than you can manage. Also, it makes the job more difficult for everybody who is assisting you to finish the job. Pack boxes correctly, making certain the weight is evenly distributed, so that your professional movers in Colorado Springs can work quickly and also efficiently on moving day.
- LIFT WITH YOUR LEGS: This is a Moving 101 tip from any professional mover or moving company. 'Lift with your legs, not with your back' is a common lifting method and is a fantastic way to sidestep injury to your neck and spine. Maintain a wide base of support, by putting your feet shoulder-width apart as well as flat on the ground. Then, bend down into a squat so you are primarily making use of your legs as you move upward. Finally, keep your back straight, and remember to breathe as you lift the item.
- KEEP ALL PATHWAYS AND ALSO WALKWAYS CLEAR: Although this may seem like something simple, many people are injured by tripping over smaller belongings on moving day. Sidestep a stubbed toe or perhaps chipped tooth because of an unnecessary fall by making all paths free from stuff. When moving awkward items, it might be difficult to view what is in your way. Steer clear of any accidents by planning what is the easiest way to walk when moving your belongings. By putting safety first, you minimize your chances that you will be injured.
Employing a local or long-distance moving company in Colorado Springs with professional movers is a great way to save time as well as circumvent injuries while moving. Get in touch us today for a free quote.
Click below to get started with your Free Estimate.
Request a free quote