Moving? This Is How You Make Your Move Smoother
By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
On moving day, the last thing you desire is for things to not go right. Keep reading for several suggestions on what you might do beforehand to help make sure your move proceeds as smoothly as possible.
Seven Things to Do on Moving Day to Make It Go Smoother
- Be sure someone is there: Either you or perhaps a trusted adult must be available for the duration of the move to sign moving company documents and supervise the move. This can help avoid any mistakes or miscommunication between you and the professional movers in Colorado Springs. The movers will likely also be grateful for having someone there to answer any questions and give directions.
- Clear the path: Be sure there is an unhindered pathway going to the front door so the moving team might easily move cartons and home furnishings in and out. Also, get rid of any tripping hazards both inside and outside the house. This will help prevent any falls or issues.
- Go over the home: As soon as the professional movers in Colorado Springs arrive, go through your house with them and note any belongings of special importance or items which won’t be put on the moving truck. If you have any valuable items you are going to transport with in your car on the move, be certain they are packed up and out of the way. This includes things like jewelry, important paperwork, and family treasures. This will make sure that these items are handled with care and also that nothing is left. When the professional movers in Colorado Springs have completed loading the moving truck, complete a second walkthrough of your residence to make sure all items have been accounted for.
- Have a plan: Having a general plan for where you want things to go in your new home will make the moving process much less hectic. Be sure to label each and every box with its contents and which room it should be place in so the movers can easily set everything in its right place. For moving day, you will want to have a few items on hand, for example snacks, bottles of water, toiletries, and a change of clothes. Consider creating a moving day survival bag. Put these items up in a bag or box so that you can quickly find them whenever you need them. Additionally, be sure you know what tasks need to be done and when. Developing a timeline will help keep things moving without issue.
- Have a plan for kids and pets: Should you have kids and/or domestic animals, it will be important to make a plan for them on moving day. Plan for someone to babysit them, so they won’t be in the way of the professional movers in Colorado Springs.
- Talk to your neighbors: Should you have close neighbors, it is polite to give them a heads up that there will be a large truck parked on the street and that there may be a bit of noise and commotion over the course of the day. This can help steer clear of any possible conflict or inconvenience.
- Get moving permits: Depending on the town or homeowners' association, you could require a permit to park the moving van in front of your home. Check with your local authorities to find out if this might apply to you.
Need Assistance Getting Started?
Moving day is a hectic and often stressful time. But by following these tips, you can make the entire process less stressful – both for you and your movers. A-1 Freeman Moving Group in Colorado Springs is here to assist you each and every step of the way. We are America's leading moving company in Colorado Springs, with nearly five decades of experience relocating people smoothly and efficiently. Allow us take some of the chaos out of moving day for you – contact us today!
Request a free quote